The ketogenic diet, which is high in fat and low in carbohydrates, has been touted as a way to lose weight. The downside? Unsurprisingly, it can be difficult to maintain without the right snacks. These cookies are made with almond flour and sugar-free chocolate chips for those on a keto or paleo diet!
The “chocolate hazelnut cookies” are a low carb and keto friendly treat. They are made with dark chocolate, almond flour, and ground hazelnuts.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
Hazelnut flour, hazelnut butter, cocoa powder, and dark chocolate chips are used to make these luscious Keto Hazelnut Cookies, which are extremely wonderful gluten-free cookies. Enjoy these decadent chocolate biscuits with melty chocolate and crunchy hazelnuts. They’re also grain-free and paleo, with just 3g net carbohydrates per serving.
Believe me when I tell that these delectable chocolate hazelnut cookies will be a hit with you. They’re simple to create using hazelnut flour and dark chocolate pieces. This keto cookies recipe isn’t only for the holidays if you like hazelnuts.
These cookies have become a family obsession for my family and myself. They taste like Ferrero Rocher, and with the holidays approaching, they’re the ideal keto treat to munch next to your Christmas tree. Hazelnut cookies, as well as keto snowball cookies, low carb thumbprint cookies, and keto crinkle cookies, are usually on our Christmas cookie plate.
They are dairy-free, gluten-free, and low carb, so they satisfy many dietary needs. They are also really tasty and make our home smell like a bakery.
Ingredients for Keto Hazelnut Cookies
These delectable Keto Ferrero Hazelnuts Cookies are made using simple, readily available ingredients. And you should definitely have the most of these in your kitchen:
- To avoid an overpowering egg taste, use a room temperature egg. Eggs are also a good source of protein, which helps everything stick together. A vegan hazelnut cookie may be made using chia or flax eggs.
- Hazelnut Flour – Hazelnut flour is a gluten-free alternative to refined white flour since it is made from hazelnuts.
- Coconut Flour is one of my favorite keto baking flours. It has a high fiber content and a low carbohydrate content.
- Sweetener — Erythritol is my absolute favorite keto-friendly sweetener. It has a natural sweetness, does not produce blood sugar spikes, and is relatively safe. You may, however, use another keto-friendly sweetener that won’t spike your blood sugar.
- Cocoa Powder — To enhance the rich chocolate taste, use a high-quality cocoa powder. I like to use unsweetened cocoa powder or dutch processed cocoa powder.
- Hazelnut Butter – Hazelnut butter has a subtle flavor that is delightful. Cashew butter, almond butter, peanut butter, or a nut-free alternative like tahini or sunflower seed butter may be used instead.
- Use refined coconut oil, which has a neutral flavor, if you don’t like the taste of coconut.
- Roast your hazelnuts before chopping them into little bits.
- Chop an unsweetened chocolate bar and use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips if you don’t have any.
How to Make Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies on a Keto Diet
These Keto Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies are simple to create and need just a few basic steps.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the two ingredients together. Combine the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl. If the batter is too crumbly, a dash of your favorite dairy-free milk may be added.
- Assemble your cookies. Wet your hands slightly and form 12 little balls out of the cookie batter. In a preheated pan, place the dough balls and flatten each one into a cookie shape.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the cookies for 15 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Take pleasure in them: They’re ideal for pairing with a steaming cup of tea or coffee!
How to Make the Best Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies on a Keto Diet
- There’s no need to use a mixer to make these chocolate chunk hazelnut cookies, but if you do, be careful to fold in the chocolate by hand to avoid overmixing.
- Take the remaining chocolate chunks and place a few pieces on top of the cookie before baking to get the perfect topped cookies. As a consequence, the chocolate chunks are visible when cooked and melt.
- Hazelnuts may be used raw or roasted. Roasted hazelnuts will add extra flavor and improve the nutty taste.
- You may add a tiny amount of espresso powder to increase the chocolate flavor while also intensifying the cacao flavor.
How Should These Keto Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies Be Stored?
- These cookies may be kept for 2-3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Freezer — Simply wrap the cookies in plastic wrap and set them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Refrigerate the cookies in an airtight container or on a platter wrapped in plastic wrap.
So, defrost them in the fridge for a couple of hours before eating them, then bring them to room temperature.
Where Can I Find More Keto Cookie Recipes? Consider the following:
Hazelnut flour, hazelnut butter, cocoa powder, and dark chocolate chips are used to make these luscious Keto Hazelnut Cookies, which are extremely wonderful gluten-free cookies. Enjoy these decadent chocolate biscuits with melty chocolate and crunchy hazelnuts. They’re also grain-free and paleo.
- 1 big room-temperature egg
- 1 cup almond flour or hazelnut flour
- a quarter cup of coconut flour
- Sweetener (1/2 cup)
- cocoa powder, 2 tbsp
- a half-cup of hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tblsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (option of flavor)
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove from the equation.
Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing basin and stir to combine.
Mix the almond butter, coconut oil, and egg in a separate dish until smooth.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Chop the hazelnuts and chocolate chips and fold them in. If the batter is too dry, add more unsweetened milk.
Form 12 balls with your hand (about 25g each). Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet and push it into a cookie form.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are crisp.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before removing the cake from the pan.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
The USDA Food Database nutrition information was used to calculate these nutrition facts. Our nutrition information are correct, but please double-check if you’re using other items. Because fiber and sugar alcohols do not increase blood sugar, they are subtracted from the net carb total.
Keto hazelnut cookies are a kind of keto cookie.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
Watch This Video-
The “hazelnut flour cookies (keto)” is a recipe that features double chocolate, hazelnuts and keto-friendly sweetener. The cookies are gluten-free and dairy-free.
- flourless chocolate hazelnut cookies
- vegan chocolate hazelnut cookies
- keto chocolate sea salt cookies
- gluten free hazelnut cookies
- hazelnut cookies healthy